Confrontations and Detention Campaigns in West Bank and Jerusalem

August 18, 2021

Last night and at dawn today, the Israeli occupation forces launched raids and searching campaigns in separate areas of the West Bank and occupied Jerusalem, during which several citizens were detained, most of whom are freed, detainees. Consequently, Confrontations erupted, during which resistance fighters opened fire at the occupation patrols in Tubas.

In Tubas, resistance fighters opened fire at the occupation patrols that stormed the city early this morning, and a group of young men confronted them with Molotov cocktails and stones.

A video clip showed a vehicle belonging to the occupation overturning while being targeted with stones and Molotov cocktails, and the sounds of gunfire coinciding with the occupation forces' storming of the city, in the early morning hours.

The occupation forces detained Fawaz Abu Dawas, after storming his house in the city, and took him to an unknown destination.

In Nablus, the occupation forces stormed the town of Qusra, southeast of Nablus, and detained the young man, Othman Hassan from his home after beating him, and searching his house, and vandalizing its contents.

The soldiers assaulted the young man, Ahmed Bani Shamsa, from Beita, after the end of the night disturbance activities. He was detained for a while, then released and transferred to Rafidia Hospital.

In Qalqilya, the occupation forces detained the freed prisoner, Musa Nazzal, after storming and searching his house, noting that he had spent 8 years in the occupation jails.

The occupation forces re-detained the freed prisoners Muhammad Nazzal, the elderly Jamal Daoud, Anas Miskawi, and Yasser Nofal after they raided and searched their homes in the city of Qalqilya.

The occupation forces detained the two brothers, Muhammad Daoud, 29, and Amir Daoud, 28, from Qalqilya, after storming their house and severely beating them.

In Bethlehem, the occupation forces stormed the city at dawn, and raided the house of Atta and Ayad Al-Harini, in the Wadi Maali area, in addition to the house of the detainee Hamza Khaled Al-Harini in the Old City of Bethlehem.

Confrontations erupted between the youths and the occupation forces, during which the occupation soldiers fired a barrage of bullets and poison gas canisters, local sources indicated.

The occupation forces detained the boy, Mutassim Hijazi, after storming and searching his family’s house in Jabal Al-Mawaleh in the city of Bethlehem.

In Hebron, the occupation forces confiscated the equipment of the al-Felestinia Advertising Company in the Ein Sarah area of ​​Hebron before closing it.

In occupied Jerusalem, the occupation forces detained the president of the Al-Isawiya club, Aziz Khaled Obaid, after storming a party honouring a student who succeeded in the general secondary school exams.

The occupation forces detained Ezz Al-Shobaki, from Jerusalem, after settlers attacked him while driving a bus.

Separate areas of the West Bank and occupied Jerusalem have been witnessing daily incursions and citizens’ detention, terrorizing the people, women, and children.